Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brown paper packages tied up with string

- my papier mache water buffalo -

A great feature on House Beautiful magazine online is a slideshow of the favorite accessories of top interior designers. I'm seriously coveting Markham Robert's agate ashtray. House Beautiful invites its readers to submit photos of their favorite pieces for possible future online publication. My favoritest item is a papier mache water buffalo given to me by a close friend. He purchased it in the late 1970s from a gallery in New York City. Our recent trans-Pacific move has left it with a quite charming lopsided smile.

3 comments:

nkp said...

This has nothing whatsoever to do with your post, but I just had to check you out after reading your "monogram" comment on decorno! That was so effing funny, I just about wet my pants! As one of "the tribe" as well, I'm tempted to go monogram everything in my house with J-E-W! So, so funny! Looking forward to reading your blog daily. Thanks for the laugh!

perchance said...

Oh you must! The irony of a Jew co-opting basically the WASP version of cattle branding is too delicious. And thanks so much for the compliments!

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

I just cackled out loud at "WASP cattle-branding." Hilarious.