Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Etsy extraordinary



Does it bother anyone else that the female leads in fairy tales these days are morphing into Bratz dolls? As the mom of a barely toddler daughter who's past the rattles and simple blocks, I'm starting to take a look at what bounty toy stores hold these days. And I have to say, I'm really bugged by princesses who look vaguely hookeresque. One of my favorite Etsy shops is badbird who offers a glimpse into the anti-fairy tale. The Sisters Grimm, if you will. Cranky girls, beautifully drawn, who shall one day rule the land with iron fists and write sassy blogs.

2 comments:

femme hesse said...

I was just cruising around the blogs and found yours. These are really cool illustrations! I love the cranky little attitude they have. Reminds me of myself when I was a kid...long time ago.

Peace,
Susan

perchance said...

I'm so glad you enjoy them. She is a true talent.