Recent Posts

Saturday, May 17, 2008

This is only a test

Hey - it worked! My first scanning attempt (I'm not very computer-y). This is the April cover of Your Home & Garden, the closest thing Kiwis have to Domino magazine. It doesn't come close to Domino's fabulousness, but they are trying and getting better each month. This cover is the first time anything close to boho/hi-lo was featured. Usually, it's a French country and Shabby Chic clusterf*ck or a super hard-edged contemporary cinderblock mess. After perusing my magazines this morning, I found the only interiors I was impressed with are from Australia (definitely the fashion leader down this way). So I'll be posting some of those photos, and maybe some of the questionable Kiwi interiors just to illustrate my previous point.

P.S. You may be curious about the tagline "How to buy a house AND have a life." Comparing income to house prices, it's more expensive to buy a home in New Zealand than in Los Angeles. Yup, you read that right. The realty market has gone bananas in the past 6 or 7 years with the influx of British and Asian immigrants and the ensuing flipping feeding frenzy. Sadly, most young Kiwis will be life-long renters.

0 comments: