Recent Posts

Sunday, June 8, 2008

2002 was a very good year

- "Be a Bag" by Anya Hindmarch -

- kitten heel flip flop by Sigerson Morrison -

So good that Target is bringing back the two white-hot designers from that summer, Anya Hindmarch and Sigerson Morrison. Hindmarch's handbag and Sigerson Morrison's shoe collections will be available from October 12th through December 26th at Target stores and at Target.com. So after completely saturating the upper middle class suburbs and sensing that the current economic downtown might be a bit bad-ish for sales, these two/three designers are jumping at the chance to create magic out of the hide of the Nauga (I'll pause while you put it together). I get that the Target designer collections are good press and money makers, but how 'bout selecting someone fabulous and current? Suggestions anyone?

2 comments:

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

Ouch! I actually love Sigerson shoes (and I am duty-bound to support them, after all, cause they are FIT alums) but I could bitch-slap them for those idiotic flip flops. I am always disappointed by the designer collaborations, though; the materials are so incredibly cheap that it seems to kind of defeat the point to me. Cheap materials work just fine on simple, basic clothes, but when you start trying to execute more complicated designs with them it all goes to hell. Also I don't understand why they have to be SO cheap--why does everything have to be vinyl? I would have loved to buy Loeffler Randall-designed shoes at a Nine West quality level and price point, but they were this horrible plastic crap for $30. Very disappointing.

perchance said...

I knew I could count on you, NerF, for a great comment.