Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I want, I want, I want

This leather rhinoceros from Omersa in the UK. He's four feet long and absolutely lovely and would make a super companion for him.

From the company's website: American Vogue shot a picture of Edie Sedgewick standing on one our super king rhinos; the picture was published in the mid 1960's. The product is hand made by Omersa from British cowhide leather. Inside the leather is a sturdy metal and wood frame firmly surrounded with woodwool; the woodwool is hand worked to make the shape of the animal. Once assembled, the leather is stained to give an "antique" effect in mahogany brown, then waxed and polished to give a luxurious finish.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are working on a menagerie, aren't you? I LOVE your papier mache pig! I wish I had friends that gave me awesome animal statues as presents... (hint hint, Karly!)

karly said...

he's great! I actually love the paper one even more. You better sleep with one I open, I'm going to come get him.

oh, and erin, I'M the one with the animal fetish, I get the presents!