Recent Posts

Friday, August 22, 2008

It was bound to happen

I carried John Derian's pieces in my interiors shop eight years ago, back when he was still hand-signing everything in gold pen, and have loved his work ever since. Now Derian has sold out to collaborated with Target to create an accessibly-priced line of stationery, coasters, plates, photo albums, and wrapping paper digitally printed to resemble decoupage. Is nothing sacred?

Don't get me wrong. I will still buy loads of it when it arrives in stores on September 7th.

5 comments:

karly said...

i would license my children's souls to target for the right price

Raina said...

You kill me.

karly said...

I might do that too, depending on the terms of the target contract.

sherri said...

I love, love, lurve Target and I am glad people sell out to them so I can buy some of their sellouts.

Raina said...

My love for Target is infinite. I cannot express how large the hole in my heart is from having to leave it behind. When we return next year, I'm contemplating driving straight to the nearest one after we disembark the plane. I'll be the woman standing in laundry aisle weeping (there is no liquid detergent in New Zealand).