Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sniff snort sniffle

During my (hopefully short) period of unemployment, I'm cleaning out our closets and posting the never-to-be-used-agains on Trade Me* (Kiwi eBay). The Pea is going to be our Only, so the baby detritus is going on the auction block. The giant blow-up duck bath, the near worthless BeBe Pod seat, the Evenflo jumper that bored her, and the Baby Bjorn LB loved so much. This has been a tearful chore. It's not that I want another child, it's that I missed out on so much of Pea's babyhood between the crippling post-partum depression and the planning and executing of a trans-global move. Now, I am determined to be in the present for her every new word and discovery.



*The good news is that with the cost of living being so high in New Zealand, you can make a boatload of cash from your castoffs.

6 comments:

Octamom said...

Awwww...the beginnings of the tennis bracelet fund...(hee hee!)

She is SO darling!

BTW love your tag line--Life is too short to live ugly--oh yeah!

Blessings!

Debi said...

Maybe the end of the job is a blessing in disguise - you get some time to spend with her before your next global move - and the re-entry into a busy life in the US.

I love the pictures - and just remember to keep a few small mementos. I have a few clothing I have kept - a little Res Sox Onesey that Evan wore to Fenway park - probably my fav father/son photo..

and watch out - Trademe is addicting!

sherri said...

My kids hated that Evenflo jumper too. That is one cute Pea.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

she is adorable!

Cristin said...

I could never figure out the damn Bjorn... I'm a special kind of stupid..

I hate the thought of getting rid of baby things too... but I'd like my basement back... so the stuff is going soon....

erin@designcrisis said...

Thanks, now I want one, too.

The baby, not the Evenflow jumper.