Recent Posts

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yawn

Talk about hoopla. The appointment of Patrick Robinson as the new design director of Gap has been heralded as the coming of a "megabrand messiah" by no less than Elle magazine. Taking a look at the new fall intros on the company's website leaves me scratching my head. I honestly don't see a difference. And the color palette of dusty pastels is incredibly hard to pull off unless you're of Scandinavian descent. This purple plaid ruffle-y shirt is the only item I dig (and I'd still wait for it to go on sale). Has anyone been in a Gap to check out the new collection? Do any of you still shop at Gap?

5 comments:

sherri said...

I never shop there b/c their sizing makes me feel like a hippo. I did dig that peacoat from them I put on the claw a few days back though.

karly said...

a note on the purple shirt: i do not put ruffles anywhere near the boobs. ever.

Raina said...

Sherri, I think we were posting on the Gap topic at about the same time. I do like that peacoat.

I was just hoping for a turnaround at Gap with Robinson's arrival. Kind of like what we're seeing over at Old Navy with Todd Oldham.

Raina said...

Karly, I'm intrigued...what do ruffles do to you breastacles?

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

I was wondering that too... on me, the ruffles would be more of a sort of better-endowed body-double for my actual breastacles... which would not be a BAD thing.