Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How Swede it is

A recent post over at Design Crisis about Top Design's window dressing challenge got me thinking about superlative retail environments and top-notch visual merchandising (neither of which were on display in that particular episode). Several days of internets trolling dropped the multi-talented Swede Lovisa Burfitt in my lap. A clothing designer, illustrator, and muralist, Burfitt created the fashion sketch-like wall treatments of H&M's flagship store in Milan, Italy.





Check out Burfitt's fashion illustrations for Kenzo, Playboy and Elle magazines, and Le Book (the Yellow pages for the fashion/creative industry) here.


And Burfitt's Yohji Yamamoto meets Alexander McQueen clothing collection here.

4 comments:

please sir said...

Oh I love these. After that show I've also been thinking about display and how it makes a big difference.

erin@designcrisis said...

If they don't open an H&M in Austin soon, I think I may shrivel up and die... they always make me feel stylish for so little cash. Although I hate buying a size 50 in their tiny clothes.

magpiesandmagnolias said...

How lovely! I was not impressed by that episode AT ALL. Dull dull dull. My favorite window displays are always at Anthropologie. The things they do with sculpted paper there are just amazing!

karly / design crisis said...

This is SUCH a wonderful follow up post to the top design window blood bath! I wanted to do something similar but ran out of steam... plus, your sourcing was so much better than mine would have been!