Recent Posts

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm it!

Sherri over at The Claw tagged me, and it's provided me the perfect excuse to post old store photos.

1. Where were you 10 years ago? I was two years into owning my home store (photos below). If anything appears unfashionable, remember it was a decade ago.


2. What's on your to-do list today? It's late here, so I'm winding down. It was the first truly warm day of spring, so we had lunch at a cafe about 15 minutes up the coast. The Pea played at the beach's playground and then hit the sand. On the way home, we spied another playground we've never visited and spent an hour there. Hopefully, she'll sleep like a log tonight.

3. What if you were a billionaire? If I was a billionaire, I doubt that I'd be blogging (sorry, semantics police). If I were to become a billionaire, I would do the typical. Take care of family and friends and stray animals. I would spend the rest of my days traveling the world. In my down time, I would scan the web for stories of people in need. I would practice anonymous acts of kindness and remove their financial obstacles.

4. Name 5 places that you have lived?
- Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Santa Barbara, California
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England

5. What are 3 bad habits that you have?
- Interrupting others (I'm working on that one)
- Playing with my hair
- Procrastinating about dusting

6. What kind of snack do I like?

Chocolate, wrapped in chocolate, topped with chocolate.

7. Who will you tag next?

The Nerdy Fashionista. NerF, if you've already been tagged or don't want to play, you won't break my heart.

7 comments:

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

YAaaaay! Have never been tagged before. Suddenly feel wildly popular.

BTW, I love your idea of practicing anonymous acts of kindness, that's a lovely idea.

erin@designcrisis said...

Why has everyone but me lived in England, pray tell?

Also, your store looks/looked lovely!

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

yes I meant to say that too... store looks like it was GORGEOUS!

Cristin said...

Your decade old store is more up to date than my house... When I'M a billionaire, I'm hiring your ass do come decorate for me ok??

Debi said...

I totally agree with Cristin - now that I know Raina - my top 5 things I would do if i became a billionaire has changed. She would totally be decorating my home...:0)

Raina said...

Debi, I thought I already was. ;)

Has your furniture arrived yet? I want photos!

Debi said...

oh good point - lol. But if I was a billionaire I would be flying you and that gorgeous Pea over here to do it in person!

Are you putting all the advice on my tab? I guess the first spa visit is on me :)

furniture comes Thursday - can't wait! Sofa, chair, China Cabinet and sideboard...maybe then the house will feel like mine?