Recent Posts

Thursday, September 4, 2008

It had a yellow filigree plastic elevator

As an interior designer and a mama who thinks Barbie has turned into a skank, I was so jazzed to see this feature on Small Magazine. Sherri over at The Claw turned me on to this great family lifestyle online magazine. It's for the cool slightly crunchy Mom who cannot be bothered with the aspirational Queen Bee Louis Vuitton-carrying mothers Cookie (a paper) magazine caters to.

Sidenote: Did anyone else have this Barbie Townhouse from the late 1970s? Damn, I loved that thing. I would make "better" art and accessories and tape them to the back wall.

3 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

I did not personally have The Dreamhouse but my fancy cousin did, and we did it up proper with notebook paper and foil rugs, pictures and pillows. I would certainly put "better" in quotation marks with regard to our childhood flair for decor. It sure was fun, though.

sherri said...

I love that you were redoing the decor of your Barbie townhouse. Even as a child, you had a dream to provide better decor for others, be they humans or Barbies. I, too, LOVED my townhouse - Thank you for posting that picture, it is bringing back memories for sure. I was drooling over the overpriced modern dollhouses in that layout in Small, too.

Debi said...

thanks for the post - I have been looking for a dollhouse for Connor - there was one at Kindi that he would play with for HOURS! But in the same fashion - he really shouldn't be playing with skanky Barbie - I would like my son to have a healthy opinion of women...lol

I think I had some other sort of Barbie house - not this one specifically.