Recent Posts

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Do you have a cup of sugar?

The Los Angeles Times Home & Garden section online has a new feature called "The Building," showing how different tenants in the same building create individual spaces within the similar floor plans. Let's see how that bra-zilliant editorial idea played out:

Z-list actress Ivana Milicevic (yeah, I don't know who she is either) hired some dude who used to own a t-shirt shop to decorate her place. And it shows. *shudder*



Next up, interior designer Jennifer Culp and her real estate developer hubby. Thank God, I can stop shakin' now. It's a bit Wearstler Wannabe but a 5000% improvement on the previous design crisis.



And last but certainly not least, former Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro (that must be some monthly building coffee klatch). Red light bulbs in the chandelier? Check. Vinyl platform bed? Check. Artwork from serial killer John Wayne Gacy? Check-ity check. Why Traditional Home passed this pad up is beyond me.




8 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

"Artwork from serial killer John Wayne Gacy" - that killed me (so to speak)!

erin@designcrisis said...

I'll take Dave's bathroom over mine any day. Everything else is boring or scary (imho).

Robin said...

So when the reporter wrote "Toll had just two weeks to transform (Navarro's) space and give it personality, a hint of which is apparent here.", did he mean a hint of personality or a hint of having limited time?

I do like his snakeskin counters though, and the "broken mirror" backsplash.

PutzFrau said...

That first design nightmare hurt my eyes.

Funny, I would have totally guessed that was Dave Navarro's place if you hadn't mentioned that. Total cliche rocker.

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

Never before would I have thunked that snake-skin bench tops would push my buttons...but alas! Consider them pushed!!!

(seems a bit small for a rock star pad though!)

sherri said...

Hate the snakeskin counters, love his backsplash. Which sounds like a euphemism for something. I just loooove his "backsplash" (wink, wink). I don't want a skull in my kitchen. But that's just me. Thanks for the real estate, you rock. Oh and your Scribe vidya-o won't play.

Raina said...

Re: Video. Thanks for the heads up, Sherri. I forgot to add the link.

Octamom said...

still giggling about the coffee klatch comment....

blessings!~