Recent Posts

Monday, September 8, 2008

No truer words were ever spoken, redux

Recent New York transplant and overrated New Zealand designer Karen Walker when asked "Are there any other gems of Kiwi culture that Americans ought to be finding out about?":

“No. I mean, maybe I’ll get home and realize I forgot about something really important and feel bad, but off the top of my head, yeah, it’s just me and the Conchords. That’s everything you need to know.”

From Style.com here. Walker's current and previous collections here.

6 comments:

sherri said...

just me and the conchords. pretty hilarious.

karly said...

and if the lamp shade fits! she forgot if the lamp shade fits. emailing her now.

Raina said...

Aw, thanks Karlypants.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

my boss saw Murray at the beach recently... when she told us the story, she said, "we saw Murray learning to kite-surf. Murray was prizint."

Raina said...

*laughing* I know that when we return, I'll be asked repeatedly to do a Kiwi accent. I don't know that I'll ever be able get the vowels right. Think Scottish meets Australian. Even after a year here, some of the natives are nearly unintelligible to my ears.

Kate said...

succinct.

A source of amusement that the hat actually looks like a lampshade.

As for a Kiwi accent, I attempt to channel the bastard child of Welsh Australian and a hint of hindi just to confuse.