Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not in any certain order

I snark a lot on life in New Zealand because, well, there is just so much material to mine. I thought I'd give you a list of things I like about KiwiLand.

1. Restaurants leave a big bottle of chilled water on your table when you're seated.
2. The smallest denomination of coin is 10 cents (purchases are rounded).
3. Streets and roads have great signage.
4. Put two stamps on a letter and the postal service will consider it an express delivery.
5. A car's license plate is dealer-installed and stays with the car for its life.
6. Whittaker's chocolate. Oh. My. God.
7. Plentiful public parks.
8. Fiona and Marty.

4 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

Can this chocolate be purchased in the US??? Inquiring minds needs to know.

Raina said...

Sorry dumpling, no. Shoot me your address in an email and I'll send you a bar or four. Your choices are listed in a drop-down here:

http://www.whittakers.co.nz/products/Default.aspx

Cristin said...

The license plate thing is pretty cool...
And pennies piss me off...
And chocolate makes me happy...

Debi said...

I have to agree with Raina on the chocolate - I think Whittakers is solely responsible for me gaining weight in NZ! The chocolate is heaven - especially for anyone who digs dark chocolate. I too miss the plentiful public parks - with the awesome play structures - and the free wading pools for the kiddies!