Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh happy day!

I found my inspiration file while searching through some tax records (overseas moves will do that to you), and I came across a May 2007 Elle Decor article on interior designer Anthony Cochran's Manhattan home. His use of color is sublime and his ability to make a 400-square-foot studio apartment look so spacious is genius.

Cochran is also a co-founder of the Q Collection of environmentally friendly fabrics and furniture. More info here.


8 comments:

Debi said...

OMG - love that. Do you think he needs a house sitter for a bit? Maybe just for a weekend?

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I love his colour sense and the textural loveliness/coziness.

erin@designcrisis said...

Can't believe that's only 400 square feet! How is it that I can make 2000 sq feet feel more cluttered than that???

Raina said...

I never lived a more orderly and organized life than when I had a 500-sq-ft studio. I guess happiness is constraint.

PutzFrau said...

I agree, his use of color is amazing.

Fifi Flowers said...

Amazing what we find while sorting through things...
GREAT use of space! I could live there... lay around in that big bed all day long and daydream!

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

it's beautiful! I remember that from when it was published; I think I pulled it too. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

Suzy said...

I loved that apartment too!