Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On my Hanukkah wish list

An overnight stay for two at Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California, will be auctioned off to benefit Friends of Heart Castle, a non-profit group working to restore the property's vast art collection. The winning couple can invite up to eight friends to fly into newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst's private airstrip, swim in the famed Neptune Pool, and watch a movie in Hearst's theater. The auction runs for 10 days starting September 17th, and organizers hope to raise $100,000.

I know some bogglegangers who'd have a helluva time poking around that rockpile.

From an LA Times article here.

12 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

If you need me, I'll just be in the pool...

PutzFrau said...

OMG I would KILL for that! Hearst Castle is one of my favorite places in California!

The beds are tiny though. They'd have to updgrade them to fit the American's of today's size.

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

OMG - that is just simply gorgeous! I wanna go.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

I'll be in the pool too... with Michael Phelps.

Raina said...

Hola LIBH! Welcome to interiors snark central.

karly said...

oh we should all totally go in on this and have our blogging best friends (plus Michael Phelps) dinner party there. What do you guys say? No problem, right?

Debi said...

Only if Phelps promises to wear the speedo - and drag himself dripping out of the pool as many times as we want. :) You know the whole slow walk thing...lol

Raina said...

YEAH! Let's do it! I'm going to raid the baby's college fund. She will have to rely on scholarships and waitressing.

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

Whatever, she'll totally understand once you show her the photo album. It's gonna be worth it.

Debi said...

Exaclty - who would not be proud to have parents who spent a weekend in a place like this...with Michael Phelps? Besides - by the time The Pea reaches college age college is going to be totally outrageous!

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

OMG, by the time the Pea reaches college age, Erin & Karly & I will be bona fide cougars, sucking down martinis in age-inappropriate clothing and cat-calling the hot ass at Longhorn Aquatics... I want to be the embarrassing auntie who tells her scandalous stories about my sordid youth.

Raina said...

LMAO! You'll be the Auntie she begs to hang out with.