Recent Posts

Thursday, September 18, 2008

WORSTler cover ever

It'll be two or three weeks before I can get my hands on a copy of this down here, so I have to be content with Domino's mingy sneak peek.

Initial impressions
1. What did the set stylist feed/inject into Worstler to get her to look so fresh and approachable?
2. The theme tune for VH1's "I Love the 80s" is on a loop in my head.
3. Why is Worstler styled to look like a 12-year-old in the last shot?
4. I love the Hollywood Regency slam on the cover. Hee hee.
5. I am happy to see a resurgence of brass. Bye bye brushed nickel!

Your thoughts?


10 comments:

please sir said...

Wow she does actually seem approachable! Yeah the wallpaper is giving me an 80's vibe - I think it's the colors. Is 80's coming back?

Raina said...

Yeah, I guess so. I kept seeing big boxy long blazers, a la "Working Girl," at the recent fashion shows.

Sigh.

Kate said...

Is she the evil sister in your earlier post?!

I think it should have the 'holy crap thats fug' tag. Sorry.

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

I k now 80's fashion is back but pleeeeeeassse NO to interiors too!
If she continues with this mauve and gray way (eh - the lighter mauve may as well be gray!, then I am going to have to officially drop Ms Wearstler from my design crush's. This is a journey we cant travel together!!

Raina said...

Sorry, Kate, Worstler is not Southern Belle. But it wouldn't be a stretch.

Raina said...

Oh, Camilla, don't you want to take that trip to Pastel Land via PolishedChintzville with a short stop in PatrickNagel Town in a rad Camaro with T-tops?

Oh c'mon, you know you wanna.

hello gorgeous said...

Ha Ha! I love your label for this post. I am linking you with love.

erin@designcrisis said...

The 80's are so back... beige, beige, beige, with a splash of mauve. Don't forget your boxy status furniture. I don't love it, but I'm tired of MCM mixed with rococo. Which pretty much describes all of my furniture. Too bad I'm just a peon who can't afford to buy new stuff every year or two.

ps, my entire house looks like it has been dipped in brass. If I could actually dip it in brass, I would.

Raina said...

Hey there, HG! I've always thought that would be a fabulous blog name and wondered who would take it. An absolute pleasure to meet you and your blog is terrific!

karly / design crisis said...

Erin loves brass. It still doesn't call to me, I will never cheat on gold