Recent Posts

Saturday, October 11, 2008

6 degrees of - No, wait. Wrong game.

Camilla over at Designalogue tagged me to reveal six tidbits about myself. At least I think so. Instead doing the whole chain-mail thing, she left it open to followers of her blog to answer. And since she's an official design blog gang member (sideways hat, tats and all), I'm guessing I'd be on her list of six. So here goes:

1. I once had Bo Derek get lippy with me.

2. Wine gives me a headache, vodka does not.


3. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my finger nails than go camping.

4. My celebrity crushes are quite random - Brian Dennehy and Joel McHale, for example.

5. I have a low nonsense threshold.

6. I truly and without reservation believe that my husband and daughter hung the moon.

11 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

Oh, crap. I was in the midst of tagging you for ANOTHER game of tag. Save it for later or dispose of, whicheves.

Raina said...

I left the answers in your comments. Anyone dying to know even more about me should head over to HG's blog.

sherri said...

bo derek got lippy with you? do tell...brian denehy? really? was it cocoon that did it for you?

Raina said...

I used to work at a clothing store in Santa Barbara that Bo and Jon Derek frequented. She was not allowed to carry cash, credit cards, or a checkbook and had to ask permission for everything she wanted to purchase. Wild, huh?

She came running in one day thinking Jon was in the store. She was extremely snotty demanding to know if I'd seen her husband. I was tempted to say,"Do you mean right now or ever?" But I was only 19 and had not yet fully developed my sass.

Raina said...

And the power of The Dennehy is inexplicable.

sherri said...

wow. good story. I wonder if Ho, sorry I meant Bo, was also kept in a cellar at home and only let out for doing the nasty and shopping? We all have our Brian Dennehys.

Cristin said...

Joel M. is hot... and um... so is your Hubby.

Raina said...

I think so too, Cristin. He makes pretty baby girls.

hello gorgeous said...

Yes, pretty baby girl. So sweet.

John Derek scared me. Svengali-like is how he was described. It doesn't surprise me that she was treated like concubine and passing it on to you, apparently.

erin@designcrisis said...

Whoa... should I feel sorry for Bo Derek or not? I don't take kindly to people abusing my pals, but what is it with stars and their controlling husbands? I saw Lee Ann Rimes in Hawaii crying her eyes out over her stupid, meanie spouse. Sounds like an awesome vacation.

ps... CUTE family!!!

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

That Pea is soooo cute. Hurray for cute babies and their lovable nerd dads!