Recent Posts

Monday, November 3, 2008

CAKE!

Cake class last night! Our project was a birthday clown. Yeah, I'm not that impressed either. I'm beginning to feel that I signed up for the "special" class.

At the start of class, instructor Terri handed me a couple of sheets of Hebraic holiday designs and I joked that she had pretty much covered them all. Terri then whipped out copies for everyone in class telling my startled classmates,"For when you have decorating requests from Jewish friends." I honestly think I'm the first Jew any of these people have ever met. God love Terri.

Next week, we start our holiday cake toppers. The rest of class will be working on a composition of candles and holly. Terri said I should make "one of those seven branch candle holders." I will add the other two branches for a proper menorah. I get the feeling Terri is expecting sugar fondant greatness from me. One does not want to let Terri down.

6 comments:

Cristin said...

clowns are supposed to be creepy right??

;)

PutzFrau said...

Just tell everyone that it's a Jewish Clown. :)

Raina said...

You're right, I should have put a little fondant yarmulke on him!

Kate said...

I'm unfeasibly scared of clowns.
Its the only thing P Diddy and I have in common.

erin@designcrisis said...

My goodness, I can't wait to see your creepy clown!

Raina said...

That IS my clown. :(

I thought the hair was pretty great. I pushed the fondant through a garlic press.