Recent Posts

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holiday

We've just booked a little weekend getaway to the village of Hanmer Springs, a resort about two hours north of Christchurch. Nestled in the Southern Alps, the village grew up around the area's natural hot springs and thermal pools. We enjoyed a few days in Hanmer last year and I can attest that it looks just like these photos, incredibly beautiful. And it doesn't hurt that the drive up takes us through the Waipara Valley, our local wine region. I'll post photos after our trip, late next month.


Now I know you're thinking "Raina, you're forever bashing KiwiLand but the photos always look so beautiful!" Think of New Zealand like Naomi Campbell. One of the most stunning things you'll ever set eyes on, but you never know when a cell phone will come whizzing towards your head.

4 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

heh heh.

This does look beautiful! I need to schedule some time away...

erin@designcrisis said...

Hilarious description! I felt exactly the same way about living in Hawaii...

hello gorgeous said...

P.S. That last line was an example of why I had such high hopes for your Madonna caption.

I would like to give you a do-over. ;-)

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

i Swoon - with envy though. Still counts...kinda!