Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Let's light a candle

Lucky magazine has responded to owner Conde Nast's mandate to reduce staffs and budgets by 5% by laying off three editors. Can Domino be far behind? Is this the beginning of the end for our favorite magazines? Let us kneel on our Moroccan Beni Ouarain rugs and pray to the shelter magazine gods to keep our favorite titles safe.

"Elle Decor, all global Elle Decors and Decorations, Domino, Living Etc., Marie Claire Maison, Vogue Living..."

Feel free to add your prayer requests in comments.

[Portfolio via Gawker]

8 comments:

karly / design crisis said...

Vogue Living Australia and Travel and Leisure (yummy hotels!) please be strong.

Met home... whateves, I don't really care about you. But I do want my subscription money back if you go away.

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

Living Etc And Inside Out Australia stay strong & ride out the pain!

Jon A said...

You'll forgive me if I don't shed a tear ... we've been tasked with cutting $1,000,000 from our budget, with 3/4 of it coming from personnel. That's gonna mean 10-15 professional staff and about 1/2 of our paraprofessional staff. And probably my job, too.

Raina said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jon. The fripperies of decorating pale in comparison to that kind of loss.

Jon A said...

Don't mean to be maudlin ... I appreciate the need for light-heartedness in a dark world. (Have you ever seen 'Sullivan's Travels'? If not, you must if you can find a copy.) I'm just pissed off at the world--it sucks to live in a country where we can find $750 billion dollars for Goldman Sachs when my friends who work for a living are going under. And it especially sucks when I know that the people who deserve to lose their jobs won't ...

PutzFrau said...

Kelly Worstler better watch her back!

Alexis said...

Here's my little prayer for Living Etc. and all the others...please, oh, please muddle through because you make my dark days a little brighter!

Raina said...

Welcome Alexis! Actually, I can't remember if you've commented before. Please forgive me, I had some bad pizza last night and haven't been right since.

Either way, it's fab to see you at the Lamp Shade.