Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fire in the sky

As part of a marketing campaign for the New Zealand Yellow Pages, a tree house restaurant was recently built 30 feet up in a giant redwood. Yellow Marketing Director Kellie Nathan explained that the company wanted "to prove that just about any mission could be completed using Yellow – the book, online or mobile." All suppliers to the project are Yellow Pages advertisers.

The restaurant, located north of Auckland in a privately-owned redwood plantation, is a limited-run engagement and will be open from January 9th through February 9th, 2009 (weather permitting). The structure seats 18 people on split levels with service provided from a kitchen located on the ground.

[Yellow Tree House]

7 comments:

karly / design crisis said...

I don't care if that place was built by space aliens and the only dish they serve is shit-pie. I WANT TO GO THERE.

erin@designcrisis said...

I have such fond memories of tree houses from my childhood... we stole wallpaper and carpet scraps from my mother and aunt and "decorated" ours. Too bad about the mildew.

Leigh said...

How incredibly beautiful!

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

um, thats awesome!
I wanna go there and feel like Princess L when she is hanging with the Ewoks! I will wear a long white frock and ear muff hair to make sure I fit in!

woodley park-zoo said...

My best friend in grammar school age had this pseudotreehouse as in, a house on stilts near a tree, but I LOVED it. Sadly, she just had a clutter of abandoned toys in it, but every time I came over I'd want to go in and CLEAN IT so that we could actually hang out in it. I want to build one of my own (ok, for the kids? NO FOR ME) in my lifetime! Also I once read about a hotel or resort, or maybe it was just a rental property in Hawaii where you could stay in a treehouse... yes please!

Fifi Flowers said...

That looks positively AMAZING!

Robin said...

This treehouse just bumped my #1 treehouse to #2. My #1 was owned by the children of one of my dad's clients, and had a "space trolley" that you could ride from the treehouse to a small island that was in a stream in their backyard. No gourmet food and wine though. You were lucky to get an acorn and maybe some skunk cabbage from the pond.