Recent Posts

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My new laptop arrived this afternoon

Ta-da! You may remember that two weeks ago my darling daughter spilled a bowl full of cereal and milk on my laptop. I mistakenly reported that the damage was fixable, but further investigation by John the Wondertech found that the machine was a total loss.

The good news is insurance covered a brand new MacBook Pro (an upgrade from my 18-month-old model). The even better news is that my brilliant tech geek of a husband bought a super mega back-up system for our computers a couple of months ago, so every last piece of everything on my old laptop was safe and saved. He was able to put it all onto my new laptop within a couple of hours. My love for LB knows no bounds.

And I am no longer confined to an ancient Mac in my husband's study, a room filled wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling with movie monster paraphenalia.

*exhaling a long deep sigh of relief*

9 comments:

nkp said...

Mazel Tov! Wishing you many happy times spent with your shiny new friend. And a shout out for tech-y husbands, mine has held my computer-inept hand many a time.

essee said...

hooray for you. that laptap looks divine.

erin@designcrisis said...

Yay for hot computer nerd husbands! Mine is indispensable.

karly / design crisis said...

yay!!! It's so pretty, and Raina, I really don't know what I would have done had I known that all this time you've been surrounded by movie posters! Poor thing.

PutzFrau said...

Congratulations! SHe's beautiful!

Leigh said...

A happy ending! Woot!

hello gorgeous said...

My crappy gray Dell is jealous of its great beauty and way superior OS.

Debi said...

Very nice machine! And can request more pictures from Raina's balcony? (which I see in your very artful monitor!) Especially since here in the northeast we are facing a weekend of snow, snow, snow and then more snow, snow, snow. White Christmas or White Hannukah here we come!

And Happy Hannukah - doesn't it start on the 21st? Which is where you will be when I get up in the am - I think :)

Trixie Jones said...

How pretty and shiny!! Swap you for some cupcakes? ;)