Recent Posts

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Christmas tree isn't the only thing lit

The Los Angeles Times has an enh slide show,"What if You Were Decorator-in-Chief," with three LA designers weighing in on different rooms of the White House. Better than their mostly off-the-mark designs are the photos from administrations past.

My absolute favorite (and my vote for Christmas card this year if I weren't Jewish) is one of Betty Ford and her daughter, Susan, making holiday decorations in the third floor solarium. How much "eggnog" do you think Betty's had?

7 comments:

Cristin said...

she's wasted. that's awesome.

hmstrjam said...

you can never have too much eggnog!

nkp said...

Hahahahahahahahaha....sloshed!

erin@designcrisis said...

I'm so jealous -- of the sloshed, not the... curtains? wallpaper? floral patterned flypaper? gross.

Raina said...

But, Erin, that's Mimosa! Pantone's color of 2009.

erin@designcrisis said...

Pantone's color of 2009 is so 2007, and I'm bored to tears already. Look how jaundiced they are in front of that color, and I'm sure it's not just from liver failure.

Alexis said...

So funny!