Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another great magazine ceases publishing

Craft magazine has announced this month's issue, featuring the inimitable Amy Sedaris, will be its last in print. The editors plan to continue and expand the magazine's online presence.

Terrific news for my sister-in-law, Susan Brackney, a frequent contributor. This month she writes about a Hoosier textile artist who creates lifelike three-dimensional weavings. Susan's bottlecap mirror project and amazing cut paper mosaic floor installation were featured in recent issues.

The pup on the sofa is the lovebug known as "Taco."

Susan is also an author and apiarist whose book "Plan Bee: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Hardest Working Creatures on the Planet" will be published in April. A fabulous gift for any gardener or bee enthusiast!

8 comments:

please sir said...

I know - I can believe it! SAVE PRINT!!

Alexis said...

I'm sorry that the magazine is closing, but cheered to hear that they'll stay online.

I'll have to get the Bee book, because my daughter's name is Bea and I am obsessed with all things bee-related.

Raina said...

The family thanks you, Alexis. ;)

hello gorgeous said...

I am happy to see they're keeping their online presence. You hear that, Domino?

hello gorgeous said...

P.S. Bees are awesome. And I was reading recently about the plight of the honeybee. Very sad and epidemic.

nkp said...

Lordy, talent runs wild in the Lampshade family! That floor is crazy cool!

karly / design-crisis.com said...

I have no idea why a magazine that costs $15 per copy would go under. Nothing but mind boggling confusion.

That work of your sister in-laws, however, is amazing!

erin@designcrisis said...

Ha, Karly, you nailed that one!

Love your sister in law's work, and Amy Sedaris is the shizz.