Recent Posts

Monday, February 2, 2009

Gracie probes me

Gracie O (a woman I imagine to have a killer laugh) from Woolgathering & Miscellany sent me these 5 questions:

If money were no issue, and you could hire any designer to overhaul your home, who would it be?


What does your spirit animal look/sound/smell like?
I have to confess that I had no idea what this meant. I googled the term, took this quiz, and discovered I'm an owl.

"Owls are keen, perceptive and skeptical. You're adept at getting to the truth, making you an ideal investigator or attorney. Your insights into the less honorable side of human nature can make you a bit cynical, but your numerous friends appreciate the dark sense of humor it brings."

Quite true, all of it. And I'm guessing owls are a wee bit stinky, what with living in trees and eating rodents.

What is the most important thing you would like to instill in your daughter?

A strong sense of independence and self.

What are your top 5 all time favorite movies?

"Dangerous Liaisons"

"The Big Lebowski"

"The Pianist"

"Defending Your Life"

"Goodfellas"

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Sweets. They are my undoing.

If you would like five super-fun yet deeply probing questions, let me know in comments.

13 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

I have a post planned on "The Big Lebowski." Only not in a good way. :-)

I liked this interview. Pls. show pix of your fave designer's work.

Karena said...

Love your interview, and through David I found out I am a wolf. Would love for you to check my art site and answer any questions you would like!

sherri said...

nice. great questions and loved your answers. lil' somethin' somethin' over for you at my place. even though I know you hate things of this nature.

erin@designcrisis said...

Of course you are an owl!

And oh la Fawn Galli... she is perfection.

nkp said...

Loved reading your answers Raina, I think the owl suits you perfectly!

As for Fawn Galli, I've never forgotten her home featured in Domino...that incredible wicker bed and the headboard in the child's bedroom covered in the indian animal blanket...swoon.

And my husband would love you for your film choices alone, Good Fellas and Lebowski, wowza. Although I have to admit to lovin' a good gangster flick myself. Who could resist the scene in Good Fellas when Lorraine Bracco wants to go shopping and asks Ray Liotta for some cash, how much?, oh, raising thumb and index finger about two inches high, about this much! Classic!

woodley park-zoo said...

I love love love Fawn Galli's home in Domino, but I haven't checked out more of her stuff yet. Going to now!

I would LOVE some probing questions...

Raina said...

Hi ya Lauren and welcome! I will most definitely pop over to your place adn say "Hi."

WPZ, I shall prepare the probe...

Raina said...

Crappit! Wrong hello. Excuse my addled brain, Karena, I just woke up.

How 'bout a do-over?

Hello Miss Karena and welcome to this deliciousness!

only a movie said...

Defending Your Life is one of my faves too. And I love the Big Lebowski as well. Jeff Bridges is on my hot list.

Great questions and answers, Raina.
:-)

go said...

Woo! I'm a fox and one of my best matches is the owl. I've only seen the Big Leb out of your movie list! Looks like I have some netflixin' to do. Pea is so adorable. I think you've already succeeded in your goal. :)

xoxo-
go

ps. i have a deep voice and an evil villan laugh ... mwahhahahahahhahhaaa!

Robin said...

That is a neat quiz, apparently I'm a hawk (and I agree with most of the description).

Great movie choices!

Raina said...

GO, I would give anything for a deep voice. I sound like a 14-year-old.

Once, I was talking to an off-duty drag queen and she said,"Girl, you need to smoke some Marlboros."

hello gorgeous said...

Hahahahahaha! I loved that last remark. I sound like a 14-y/o, too.

So when telemarketers call they always ask for my mom. Whatchagonnado?