Recent Posts

Friday, February 27, 2009

I spent my morning with Irene Cara

At gymnastics this morning, the lame-o activity of the hour involved the instructor dumping a bucket of balls on the far side of the gym and having the kids fetch them as fast as they could. On the third and final go, The Pea stops at the bucket, sees that she has everyone's attention, and starts to dance. And. Won't. Stop.

I grabbed her and thanked the class for indulging her floor show.

Then as we were paying for donuts at a post-class bakery stop (the body needs balance), the theme to "Flashdance" came on over the sound system. The Pea's hips started to shimmy and arms began to sway. Girlfriend felt the music down deep in her soul and was groovin'.

"Well, I hear the music,
Close my eyes, feel the rhythm
Wrap around, take a hold
Of my heeeeaaaart...."

The guy behind us in line was laughing his ass off.

14 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

I smell a budding career...

Maybe you should get her into a dance class, because I know I would pay to see the Pea shimmy to Flashdance!

David said...

What a feeling!

only a movie said...

Glad she found a proper audience for her talents... and a bakery stop can never be wrong.

She is so sweet.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

oh, she's a little dancer after my own heart. I hope my kiddos are as happy as yours!

PS, my word verification right now, is, no kidding: IOU PEA

Leigh said...

The Pea is a child after the Kiddo's own heart. He will bust a move ANYWHERE to ANYTHING.

hello gorgeous said...

Ha! Love it! Much cuter from a toddler than a college graduate alone in her apartment...

No, it wasn't me. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Pea cuteness.

You owe me a kid post visit. ;-) xo

Cristin said...

She and Dottie are Kindred Spirits... she shakes her little booty when and where ever she hears that funky beat...

Designers' Brew said...

that is toooo cute. i demand video footage.

Decorina said...

Pea video please, Raina!

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

HA! I just had a visit to my cutey nieces just yesterday and the three year old invited me to her dance party!
Kids are cute! Im beginning to re think the timetable!!!

gracie o said...

oh geez, that is too cute!

i have something for you on wool&misc...another one of those thingies that you love so much!

Debi said...

Raina - that is so darling. At least she picked some good toons as well! I love when the wee ones shake their booty. Connor always gets the best grin and just giggles.

I love he fact that she did it when she had an audience.

Alexis said...

Good for her! I wish more people would break into dance in daily life!

nkp said...

I bet Irene's got nuthin on the Pea!