Recent Posts

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Madoff Interiors, Inc.

The winter home furnishings market at the World Market Center in Las Vegas wrapped up yesterday, and it seems that some manufacturers didn't get the recession depression memo. At the industry equivalent of Nero fiddling while Rome burns, furniture designers trotted out their newest over-the-top luxe looks and "haute" fabrics and finishes. Apparently, Swarovski employees are assured job security.

The tastefully restrained Peacock Chair by Haute House. I love the smell of panné velvet and crystal embellishment in the morning.

Louis Seize what? Subtly conservative chairs from Luxe Living Studio.

The Auggie dog bed and a random throw pillow from Shine Home, a company best described as Jonathan Adler meets Juicy Couture.

[Los Angeles Times]

7 comments:

Kate said...

Klassy.

nkp said...

Are you certain this isn't the set for Bedazzle: The Info-mercial!?

*moggit girls said...

Yikes - that brings fug to a whole new level. We love it though, it's good for business....
;)

J&J

Designers' Brew said...

perfect analogy on the dog bed. Is it wrong, though, that I sort of like those insane scroll-back chairs?

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

I'll take the peacock Chair and leave the rest In Vegas where Im sure its intended for thanks.

Amy said...

I liked that chair I saw it at Neimans and it really caught my attention!!! But I like a real cool accent piece ....in the right place..

erin@designcrisis said...

I like the tall scroll chairs, too. Just not with anything else that's too "klassy."