Recent Posts

Sunday, February 22, 2009

This is not the Ramada

Usually the dynamic duo over at Design Crisis handles the lust-worthy hotel discussions, but the new Ace Hotel Palm Springs has "Raina" written all over it. Each room is uniquely decorated with vintage furniture from the 1950s through 1970s. Walls are covered with canvas to evoke a camping vibe or are clad in slatted wooden panels with unframed artwork hanging from clips. Floors are polished concrete or cork-covered with bespoke area rugs.

Once I checked in, it would take a SWAT team to get me outta there.




[Ace Hotel Palm Springs]

[Los Angeles Times slideshow]

6 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

Yummy -- I can see why this has "Raina" written all over it! Love that desk and the coffee table on casters.

Designers' Brew said...

Whuff. This also has "NerF" written all over it. You, the Pea, LB, Mr. NerF and I will have to start a little commune.

woodley park-zoo said...

I love that last shot, feels so campaign/safari...

David said...

Mmm, I love me some 70s.

susieq said...

No, no, no. Has SUSIE written all over it! The industrial, found objectness is the very best.

nkp said...

Can I join the commune?