Recent Posts

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Does this look like a tantric love den?

This is the master bedroom of musician Sting's recently reduced 88 Central Park West apartment.

Mr. Gordon Sumner, having purchased a $26 million duplex penthouse in 2006 at Robert A. M. Stern's 15 Central Park West, is looking to unload the old digs. And I am guessing quite quickly. The price has dropped twice from the original asking of $24 million to a bargain basement $19 million.

The 6600-square-foot 18-room home in a 1910 Beaux Arts building features 2 living rooms, a library, 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, and 2 half baths over two floors.





Wouldn't you think a $19 million apartment would have better kitchen cabinets?

[Halstead Property via Curbed]

11 comments:

M said...

This shows that if you have a lot of money it doesn't mean that you've got tast.

And the curtains look like the came out of The Sound of Music, the ones where Maria maked the play clothes from for the childeren von Trapp.

MaryBeth said...

Totally not my taste. Maybe it is just photographing awful. MB

lucitebox said...

Some nice rugs. Bedroom makes me feel in the mood for barf, not love. Cabinet faces are not unlike the ones in my crappy rental apartment. All that money and this is the end product. How sad.

hmstrjam said...

where's his felt rocks??

Cristin said...

Hating the colors in the kitchen...

gracie o said...

he spent all his money filling the house with SHIT. gross. i'll take it and then dip it in an acid bath.

Pam Kersting said...

Hmmm. Not my taste, but nice to take a peek at how the rich & famous live!

nkp said...

Wow, they are practically giving it away, huh! ;0)

erin@designcrisis said...

I kind of love the dining room. The rest is mostly just mediocre, but the kitchen and bedroom are disgusting.

Decorina said...

Must have gotten a bargin on white paint. And the cabinets in the kitchen look like they are straight out of 1985 suburbia. Ick

sherri said...

I thought I commented on this the other day and now my witty remearks have left me. All I've got now is my dad thought the title of Spirits in the Material World was really Spirits eating my Cheerios. Sting makes my butt itch.