Recent Posts

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Two hot men, one even hotter apartment

The April issue of Elle Decor is up online and the Milan apartment of accessories designer Brian Atwood is featured. Chicago-born Atwood is the creative director of Swiss luxury brand Bally and the boyfriend of Oprah's decorating guru, Nate Berkus. (I love Berkus' expression in this photo - "Oh yeah, how hot are we?".)

Milan must agree with Berkus who veered from his usual polite Junior League-modern decorating and embraced a sexpot 1970s Italian style. Do you think he jumps on the gold hand chair and giggles,"It's grabbing my ass!"?




[Elle Decor, "The Italian Job"]

12 comments:

Designers' Brew said...

those two ARE hot! holy smokes. Also, hot floor lamp, hotter sofa; hottest = that Baughman chair! Or actually, maybe the glass & brass desk. Tough call.

Cristin said...

Thanks for the eye candy... the men and the apartment!!!

erin@designcrisis said...

Swank and shiny! I'm not even talking about those two exceptional manspecimens. Well -- them, too.

I'm still a sucker for Baughman anything, and that rocker is calling to me. Oh, and I've seen a million hand chairs on craigslist for $50. I knew I should have bought one...

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

I love a space that has Farrah Fawcett keeping an eye on the goings on!

M said...

I am not diggin those rooms... don't like all the bling bling.

*TRUFAX* said...

I disagree. The guys are way hotter than the apartment. The gold desk, silver table/sideboard and fur throw are a hideous combo. All that's missing is the March 1981 PlayMate sprawled on the sofa.

*moggit girls said...

Hotness. Squared.

nkp said...

This place is smokin'! I love that they threw in that palm leaf wallpaper from the Beverly Hills Hotel. And oh my word, did you see the Serge Mouille light fixture over the bed??? It may be the most amazing sconce I have ever laid my eyes on!

hello gorgeous said...

There is a huge part of me that is a gay man...

(no, not that part)

susieq said...

Totally love it. And would almost kill for the Mouille light fixture. So many great pieces in one apartment.

PutzFrau said...

God damn they are hot in their hot apartment.

Ausrine said...

I love the first photo, but I feel the Hand Seat kind of ruined it.
lovely though.

-A