Recent Posts

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Was there life before blogging?

The blogger Formerly Known As The Nerdy Fashionista has made a request. After reading the comments left by LivingEtc readers on my recent rants about overwrought photo styling and general craftulence, NerF jumped over to the magazine's forum to see what all the fuss was about. She (rightly) thinks the faux magazine cover introducing the chat forum is brilliant and asked me to post it.


I raise a steaming mug of love to the ladies of the BitchingEtc forum.
(Link to this photo via NerF)

11 comments:

M said...

Freedom of speech ( and ranting)!!! ;)

Melafrique said...

Cheers Raina.

David said...

That's hilarious. I'm raising a mug to all of you!

Alexis said...

That's a hoot!

houseenvy said...

Back at ya, Raina! Although not sure what Griffo68 will think about being referred to as a lady! ;-)

griffo68 said...

Hi Raina!

Thanks so much for posting the cover and the compliments!
I started designing the covers nearly two years ago before the forum had a dedicated chat section as a bit of a joke.
It was also a way for "normal" people to get their home onto a magazine cover.

That particular cover was in response to what is now affectionately known as Folksygate.
Livingetc started the "See what I made" thread and the forum was invaded by the Folksy folk selling their "wares"....lets just say that a storm in rather gorgeous tea cup ensued and the post in question was removed!
A few very nice and helpful forum members were the target of abuse and we soon realised that some of those crafty folk have some rather large claws!

The candle headline was a nod to a sellers candle which is called "Monkey fart"....Mmmm....lovely!

Griffo.x

griffo68 said...

"I'm a Ladyyyyyyyyy!" LOL! *blush*

hello gorgeous said...

Ha! Raina, looks like you inspired a new blog...

Go see griffo68's new one.

Raina said...

Griffo, I just looked at your profile - oops!

I raise a steaming mug of love to honorary ladydudes as well.

griffo68 said...

No offense taken Raina, I am a gay man so I can take being called a lady ! LOL!

erin@designcrisis said...

Am hopping over to the forum, pronto. Bitching is my favorite pastime.