Recent Posts

Saturday, March 14, 2009

"What color is the lipstick?"

How's your weekend going? Ours is just peachy. Well "Blushed," actually.

While LB and I were in the study discussing our tax return, our darling Pea was in the living room fishing a lipstick out of my handbag. She then proceeded to smear it all over herself and grind it into the sofa and carpet.

Above would be just one part of le carnage maquillage. Below, a lipsticked hand print. These are all over - I repeat all over - the sectional and carpet. This happened at noon and after a head-to-toe scrubbin', Pea was confined to her bedroom for the rest of the day.

Miraculously, the household gods were smiling upon me and I was able to find a cleaner who will be coming tomorrow morning to hopefully work some removal magic. The first question he asked me was "What color is the lipstick?" Why a lovely tawny pink from Revlon, sir.

Which costs $22 in KiwiLand.

It was a brand new tube, Dumplings.

18 comments:

megan said...

..at least it wasn't poop?

M said...

At least she wasnt crocheting stones or making a felt rock?

nkp said...

Oh No! Yikes, at least with three boys, lipstick is the last of my worries. Good thing she has a mama with a sense of humor, right?

Hopefully the gods of get-the-stain-out will be smiling down on you tomorrow. Good luck!

Designers' Brew said...

I'm with Megan. Naughty Pea!

lucitebox said...

My dog does this. I caught the dog with lipstick but one time and it was JUST in the nick of time. Russian Red! Very dark color. He loves to eat lip balm, too.

Pea just wants to look like her mommy. (She's so cute!)

Here's hoping that the stains can be removed.

erin@designcrisis said...

Oh. no.

I'm just going to wrap everything in plastic sheeting grandma style until our little one turns 18. That ought to do the trick.

*moggit girls said...

Lord, give me patience - and fast! lol

Alicia B Designs said...

Uh oh, the Pea is a little bit of a devil. haha. Good thing you can clean it!

Robin said...

At least it wasn't red magic marker on a white bedspread, which was my implement of choice for a similar incident when I was her age (I felt the little pom poms would look better if they were in color).

only a movie said...

Ack. $22. Waste of perfectly good lipstick.

There is red sharpie on an ottoman at my house. Which has been covered with a throw ever since. (Cringing as I type, because I'm sure it is not right in interior design land).

Baglady said...

That's it! The final nail in the coffin. I am never having kids. Ever.

Raina said...

Oh trust me, OAM, if I don't get good news from the cleaner this morning, the afternoon will be spent throw shopping.

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

At least its a nice colour to add to your decor!

good luck!

sherri said...

the real crime is how much you have to pay for lipstick there. glad the stain came out!

hello gorgeous said...

Seriously, it could've been a worse color. Or poop.

I once drew a mural on my bedroom wall in crayon.

She was just playing dressup like Mama. Cuteness. At your house. :-)

Suzy said...

Yikes! This has made me realised I'm so not ready for kids yet!

Cristin said...

Kids ruin everything....

PutzFrau said...

Just another episode to add to future guilt trips. I've all ready started writing mine down so I'll have plenty by the time she starts giving me trouble.