Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Auntie Meme

Meme time! My fellow Tiger Butter blogger, 1SourApple, tagged all of the TB contributors for what may be the longest meme I've yet to encounter.

1. What is your current obsession?
Our relocation to the States in 2 1/2 months. We still do not know where we're headed, but we've made the decision to return - job or no job.

United States Bookshelf by Ron Arad.

2. Who was the last person you hugged?
My two-year-old daughter, The Pea.

3. What is your favorite dinner?
Anything made by someone else. While I have some kitchen talent, I don't especially like cooking.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
"The Holiday," a week before I gave birth. How sad am I?


5. What was the last thing you bought to wear?
Yesterday, I picked up two summer tops and a sweater.

6. What are you listening to right now?
"The Mickey Mouse Club" on Playhouse Disney, The Pea and her 5-second delay narration of said program, and our heatpump chuggin' trying to keep up with the drop in temperature.

7. What is your favorite weather?
Crisp sunny fall days.

8. Say something to the person who tagged you.
I love the illustration that accompanied your call to meme.
9. Tea or coffee?
Tea forever and ever. I cannot stand the taste of coffee. Or anything mocha-flavored. Gross.

10. What did you want to become as a child?
It changed hourly.

11. If you could go anywhere in the world in the next hour, where would you go?
I would be hard-pressed to choose just one from my list of dream destinations - India, the Maldives, the Isle of Pines, Bali, Morocco, Tunisia, Kenya...


12. Who do you want to meet in person?
President Obama. To thank him.

13. What is your most challenging goal right now?
See question #1.

14. What is your weirdest obsession?
I have about a zillion wish lists on different retail websites which I update frequently, though I rarely buy anything from any of them.

15. Why did you start a blog?
Because I was stuck on the ass-end of the world with few friends and no family and needed to connect with the world. And The Snark runs deep in me.

16. What's your blog about (give the 2-3 sentence elevator pitch)?
How about just one sentence? La Lamp Shade is a zippy collection of musings on interior design, a snapshot of life in the Arkansas of the South Pacific, and occasional frequent postings of photos of my daughter.

17. Which blogs are you obsessed with at the moment?
One of my blogger BFFs (Designers' Brew) just introduced me to HeySusy and What Possessed Me. Two brazilliant women!

18. What is your dream job (realistic or unrealistic)?
I have had my dream job - I used to own an interiors shop and a clothing boutique. I would enjoy being a buyer for a retail chain.

19. If you could change professions or careers, what would you like to try (realistically speaking)?
I am considering going back for a Masters in Museum Studies. I would love to design museum exhibits.


20. Who is your favorite designer at the moment?
Dries Van Noten and Marni are my perennial favorites.

21. What's your favorite brand of jeans?
I don't have a particular fave, anything that fits well.

22. One thing that you would snitch out of someone's closet with no regrets?
Probably anything from the Brew Mistress', if I could magically shrink to her slender size.

23. What piece of designer clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)?
At the moment I'm on the fence about this sweater by Mara Hoffman, but I'm afraid the shoulders look like a vagina:


I've promised to tag Sara at Sara Says Awesome, so here you go. You're it, Toots!

9 comments:

only a movie said...

I can't imagine relocating that far. I did from CA to UK with a husband and a dog. It was a nightmare. And I was young.

As far as you are w/ a toddler? Ack ack ack ack ack.

Great job on the meme.

Raina said...

Oh, trust me, OAM, I shall be making a trip to the doctor for a hefty Xanax prescription. Mommy's Little Helper.

Kate said...

That was all excellent until it went tits up with the fanny shaped shoulders.
Which I really like.

Xanax equivalent got me where I am now, and I think I'm only just waking up two years later.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Yep, vagina shoulders. I would have never seen them but there they are, too late now.

Awesome tagging session, don't you just love the USA bookshelf?

Cristin said...

the sweater thing killed me... I wouldn't want a vagina on my shoulder that's for damn sure.

drollgirl said...

you are coming to the U>S>!!!! how exciting!!! i wonder what is going to happen?!?!!? you guys are very exciting! i cannot stop typing EXCITING!!!

and i hate coffee too. blech. but tea?!!??! love it. hot, cold, iced. give it to me.

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

I have decided. I need to know by what name 'the pea' goes by in the real world.
Oh you tell me!

sherri said...

dude I would have tagged you if I thought you would have done the meme! glad to read your answers - and can't wait to have you back in the ussa. vagina on your shoulders, is this like having a monkey on your back?

erin@designcrisis said...

What? The last movie you saw was a Cameron Diaz vehicle? For shame. You simply must see the Julia Child biopic now.

Why are there so many labial articles of clothing right now? Where can I find a dress that has a large penis on the shoulder?