Recent Posts

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

The day I became a Mom.

I'm celebrating Mother's Day by tending to my little one who injured her shoulder yesterday while pretending the arm of the sofa was a balance beam (she's fine, just a little sore). Because LB is spending the entire day holed up in his office grading exams, I won't be showered with nearly the amount of adulation I so richly deserve.

Which makes the little Mother's Day treat I found on Etsy all the more justified. Thanks to the blog goddess over at Designers' Brew for introducing me to the talented Lauren Haupt.

"Long Memories" double locket necklace.

13 comments:

only a movie said...

You deserve a fabulous Mother's Day, Raina. Maybe you can have a raincheck? I am all for buying my own damn gifts. :-D

Robin said...

Happy Mother's Day Raina. And a lovely necklace, how did they know it was just what ou wanted? ;-)

ps - my WV is "saute", in honor of your Julie & Julia post I am sure

nkp said...

The Happiest of Mother's Day wishes to you, Raina!!!

Debi said...

Happy Mother's Day! The Pea is so darn lucky to have you for a mom :o).

Glad to see you treated yourself!

Eden Rose said...

I love your blog and have passed the lemonade award to you
X Much Love X
ps, i love the photo of you and your baby, it's gorgeous!

Pam Kersting said...

Happy Mothers Day, Raina! Enjoy!

David said...

Happy day Mama Raina (and good call on the necklace!)

House of Slappy said...

Hope your day is very special, lucky lady!

drollgirl said...

i hope you are surprised very soon with some hard core adulation. they better do something for ya! THEY BETTER!

and happy mother's day. i bet you are a fantastic mom. :)

erin@designcrisis said...

squuuuueeeeeeeee!

*hormones kicking into overdrive*

sherri said...

LOVE that photo of you and the just-born pea. And I'm adding that necklce to my wish list too. Happy Belated Mama's Day and hope lil' pea's shoulder is all better soon.

hello gorgeous said...

Awww, cuteness.

Hope your day was great.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Happy belated mommy's day!!!! A+++ on treating yourself.