Recent Posts

Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Amazon wish list

We have less than seven weeks until we return Stateside, and I have a shopping list a mile long. My lovely in-laws have been sending me Amazon online gift certificates for every special occasion over the past two years. I've saved them and have a looong wish list burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

Some of the interior design books I'm desirin' are pictured above. Dumplings, do you have any of these titles or are there others you'd recommend?

- "Color: A Natural History of the Palette" by Victoria Finlay
- "India Contemporary" by Henry Wilson
- "At Home in Turkey" by Solvi des Santos
- "Elle Decor So Chic: Glamorous Lives and Stylish Spaces" by Margaret Russell
- "Jacques Grange: Interiors" by Pierre Passebon
- "Jaime Hayon Works" by Jaime Hayon
- "Piet Boon 2" by Piet Boon
- "Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People" by Hamish Bowles
- "Living in Morocco: Design from Casablanca to Marrakesh" by Landt Dennis
- "The Villas and Riads of Morocco" by Corinne Verner
- "Domestic Art: Curated Interiors" by Holly Moore
- "Marrakech: Living on the Edge of the Desert" by Daniel Rey

15 comments:

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

Eye candy books are good for the soul and make good moolah sense to me! Mine are looked at over & over & over again!

M said...

The Piet Boon's book is amazing, he's such an amazing designer.
Just curious, wich place are you gonna bright up with your sunny personality?

g. said...

Those would all make it here, too. I have the Finlay book and it is so, so interesting.

nkp said...

So many of these are on my mile long wishlist as well. Alas, I have no Amazon gift certificates burning a hole in
my pocket. Domestic Arts is an incredibly beautiful book. Absolutely splurge on that one, the interiors and photography are amazing!

susieq said...

Our lists are similar. I've thumbed through Domestic Art: Curated Interiors. It looks fabulous. I've moved it to the top of my list.

Raina said...

M - I hope to let everyone know in a few weeks where we're headed. As soon as LB receives a formal offer.

Awesome Sara said...

i like to look at the pics! i hardly ever read.

Robin said...

Hmmm... there's a lot of middle-eastern/eastern deaign there... maybe you shouldn't come back to the States but hop on over to Morocco. Except there are no Pop-Tarts there either....

sherri said...

I so need to know much more about design.

Awesome Sara said...

i wish the couple threw these books at my door instead of eggs and grapefruit juice. my front door area reaks of it. i have to get a new welcome mat and i really liked my welcome mat.

hmstrjam said...

Have read Colors by Victoria Finlay and saw her talk while at RISD- pretty good stuff, women putting lead white paint on their faces and all that jazz..

erin@designcrisis said...

I'm too cheap to buy new books for myself, so sadly I have none of these.

More importantly: WHOO HOO! SEVEN MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jess@noelmarie said...

I want them all! Damnit, now I can't get them out of my mind. And I want to know where you are going to end up. Can't wait!

hello gorgeous said...

I have Vogue Living and Domestic Art - I highly recommend both.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Wait, Domicilium Decoratus is no where in the mix? I'm shocked, Raina, just shocked