Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My special birthday day

My 40th birthday has come to a close and I must say it was a pretty wonderful day. My Kiwi BFF, Fiona, treated me to a day of shopping, cupcakes, shopping, mani-pedis, and shopping. We enjoyed our sweet treats at the ever adorable Cupcake Parlour. Tucked between the two display cases is a vintage phonograph with the day's selection rotating round and round. Brilliant merchandising!

Fiona is showing off her fancy hands fresh from a manicure. The birthday shopping was fantastic! I found two summer tops and a sweater at super deep discounts and treated myself to a bracelet I've had my eye on for almost forever. I visited my fantasy home decor object crush hoping he'd be marked to down to a recession fire sale 90% off, but no such luck.

LB took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, and I enjoyed a couple of their special coconut and grilled pineapple margaritas. Which tastes just like a pina colada. When we got home, The Pea had just fallen off to sleep. She received a good report from the babysitter and I couldn't have asked for a better end to my special day.

9 comments:

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Suck that straw!
The leather rhinoceros is FAB!

only a movie said...

Glad you had a great birthday. Sounds like the perfect way to spend it. Just fantastic.

The TownhouseLady said...

Happy Birthday!

nkp said...

I'm so glad you had an extra special day...sounds like it was tons of fun, the perfect way to celebrate you!

erin@designcrisis said...

Wish I had been there to celebrate with you, but sounds like Fiona (love that name!) and LB took good care of your special birthday needs.

Alicia B. Designs said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day/you deserved it!

Robin said...

Happy B'day La Raina, I think you should continue the celebration all month long...

Awesome Sara said...

what a lovely birthday!