Recent Posts

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today's celebrity sighting

This morning, my Kiwi BFF Fiona and I took off into the wilds of the New Zealand countryside in search of some tasty kai (food).

We were headed to the little town of Oxford where NZ's most famous cooking personality, Jo Seagar, has a restaurant/cooking school/kitchen shop. She's the Kiwi Paula Deen.

Jo Seagar appeared about halfway through our incredibly delicious meal with a camera crew. They were taping a segment for an upcoming television special.

I batted my eyes at the server and asked in my cutest American accent if Ms. Seagar wouldn't mind taking a picture with us. She was bubbly and charming ("Call me 'Jo'!") and gracious enough to take a moment from filming to pose.

At the kitchen shop, I bought "Jo Seagar The Cook School Recipes" which Seagar inscribed to me (she is just the most lovely woman) and a play pizza set for The Pea. What a great morning.

11 comments:

david john said...

NZ looks amazing!!!!!!!

only a movie said...

That is so cool.

And love that you could sneak in a delicious Pea photo at the end.

Cristin said...

wicked fun.

nkp said...

Sounds like a fun outing!

Pea+Pizza=Cutie Pie

Robin said...

Is she truly "the Paula Dean" of NZ? Does every recipe begin with a pound of butter? If so, yum.

Raina said...

Sadly, Robin, she uses butter judiciously. Seagar is like Deen more in the sense of coming from humble beginnings and creating a self-branded empire. And being warm and personable.

Alexis said...

Fun!

drollgirl said...

woo hoo! you started the day out with a BANG in a good way!

p.s. i had no idea that another person had made a panda-esque chair. humph. that makes it about a million times less joyful or fun. wah.

sherri said...

that is awesome! Love that pizza set for the Pea, too.

hello gorgeous said...

Pea-zza!!

erin@designcrisis said...

I thought I saw Paula Deen in that picture of the camera crew, the one with the fuzzy boom thing that looks suspiciously like the butter queen's cotton candy do.

I must be delirious from hunger...