Recent Posts

Thursday, June 18, 2009

10 true things about me (maybe)

Me and The Pea, at 5 months.

My hard-rockin' blog buddy Sherri of The Claw has tagged me. My mission is to write 10 true things about myself.

I like that Sherri mixed it up and slipped in one or two items about herself which may or may not be true. I shall do the same and leave the guessing up to you:

1. I've lived at over 20 addresses in my 40 years.

2. I do not have a poker face and I suck at social fake-ery. If I don't like you, you'll know in about .0072 seconds.

3. I can sew, do needlepoint, and upholster but have zero interest in learning how to knit.

4. I won the school spelling bee in the fifth grade.

5. I am uncomfortable with heights and with swimming in unchlorinated water (lakes, the ocean).

6. I am adopted.

7. I can speak French, Spanish, Italian, and a little German.

8. At 5'9", I have never really felt tall because I'm the shortest person in my family by 3 inches.

9. I would rather entertain at home than attend a party.

10. I have a near-photographic memory.

With the meme from earlier this week, you poor Dumplings are on Raina overload.

17 comments:

karly said...

I'm guessing that either 6 or 8 is false, I don't believe you would have the luck of being tall and being adopted by tall people. Or maybe you do...now, on to me: You and I share #2 bigtime.

ticklishfromadistance said...

I love this post. And I liked you in .0071 seconds.

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

I'm wondering about #5 - is it a shark/crocodile thing? if so - I'm with you! (not having seen either in REAL life -is not relevant to my state of mind! Jaws ruined me!)

oh & #7 - impressive!!

susieq said...

You knock my socks off, girl. #5 false?

Awesome Sara said...

shoot you are impressive!!! im a boring puddle of mud compared to you. thanks for thinking my guy and i are cute!!!

wool and misc said...

never too much raina. i could freebase some raina and still need more!

hello gorgeous said...

#1 and 6 are lies, my guess.

You are going to need to instruct me on reupholstery. I am hankering to do my chair.

David said...

Raina overload? Not likely. =)

I think that number three is not true. I think that maybe you would like to learn to knit.

Decorina said...

Cool! Can't get enough Raina. And I hope you don't want to learn to knit because I feel the same way.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

PS I really like your short hair in this pic, and the pea looks like her daddy here.

Raina said...

I won't keep you in suspense any longer...

#7 is the fib, sort of.

I can speak passable French and enough Spanish to get me through a holiday in Barcelona. Italian - nope. German - does swearing in Yiddish count?

rightbank said...

And I thought I'd lived in a lot of places! Your Pea is too adorable for words.

only a movie said...

I love reading more about you. Impressive about the languages, and all the moves.
Great post.

cristin said...

I have a hard time hiding my feelings about another person too..... I just imagined us staring each other down in a quick draw insta-judge...

sherri said...

you are awesome, lady, thanks so much for playing along. and remember I said mine may or may not have had false ones thrown in. that would be a hint.

Raina said...

Whoops! My Dad caught a mistake in fact #1. I've actually lived at 21 addresses in my 40 years.

erin@designcrisis said...

I love me some Raina! More!