Recent Posts

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Congress gets lei-ed

I'm still not over how fabulous our President is. He held a luau instead of the traditional gingham blanket get-together for the annual congressional picnic.

"'To do a luau in Hawaii is a special occasion,' [the event's chef Alan] Wong said. 'You throw a luau for your child's first birthday, or you throw a luau for a wedding.'"

For the 874th time, I adore our First Lady.

I'm going to let the weenie table centerpieces slide because the White House is currently in between florists.

[The Huffington Post]

7 comments:

only a movie said...

I was just in a store this week, and saw a fake tiki bar up for sale... and wondered who would buy it... answers that question.

They look great, as usual.

sherri said...

he is too cool.

fromtherightbank.com said...

Isn't he though?! When I was in Paris last month, all my French friends wanted to talk about was him! They REALLY can't get over how fabulous he is. He makes all of us look good. It was so much more enjoyable than the conversations I used to have with them about W.

susieq said...

Oh, I just love the President, Michele, their girls. Even Bo. Thank goodness, thank goodness we have an intelligent person leading our country.

erin@designcrisis said...

Alan Wong catered the event?!

YUMMY!

House of Slappy said...

Ahhh, this makes my day!! It makes up for the 'January 20, 2009 - The Beginning of a New Error" bumber sticker I just saw. I think I've calmed down now...

P.S. I can't believe they're still in between florists...they haven't given you the job yet?

hello gorgeous said...

He'll be happy you're going to let the table decs slide...

:-)

Love Michelle's dress!!

And how happy do their kids look?