Recent Posts

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A weekend game of tag

The lovely Eden Rose has tagged me for a meme. A few of the questions I've answered before, here and here, so I won't bore you with repeats.

Marie Claire Maison.

What's for dinner?

Takeout. I have to run to the mall and pick up some tee shirts for LB's interview trip (he leaves for the U.S. tomorrow!). By the way, that is not my kitchen pictured above.

What 5 words best describe you?
Oh boy, hmmmm. Five-foot-nine lippy Jewess.

What was the last thing you bought?
Groceries about an hour ago. Yes, I live La Vida Loca.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. It's been two years and I'm dying for it.

What do you think of the person who tagged you?
I imagine her to be a beautiful English rose, and when I make it back to the UK I would love to meet her. And her darling daughter. And spend loads of money in her shop.

Which language do you wish to learn?
I wish I knew Hebrew better so that I could follow along in the siddur during service.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?

I have some new faves on the way. I just picked up these lovelies via the interwebs and had them shipped to my in-laws. I'll have them forwarded to me when we land Stateside IN LESS THAN FOUR WEEKS. No, I cannot say where we're headed yet. LB has to have a formal offer in hand before I can tell you. And, yes, it's all very down to the wire.

Describe your personal style.
Slightly boho, a little preppy. Pretty conservative really, given how crazy I like my interiors.

What is your worst habit?
Interrupting others. That's a really bad one and I'm working on it.

If you had $164.51 (converted from 100 British pounds), what would you spend it on?

Something for my daughter. She's been under the weather for the past couple of days and could use a pick-me-up.

What's your favorite fruit?
Oh, I adore fruits! Especially Michael K at DListed, Tim Gunn, Jonathan Adler and his husband Simon Doonan, Graham Norton, Stephen Fry, David Sedaris, and George Clooney (oh c'mon, like you didn't know!).

There are several more questions in the meme, but a lady needs to maintain a bit of mystery.

17 comments:

pillow mint said...

HA on your answer to the fruit question. clever girl.

only a movie said...

Sorry your girlie is feeling under the weather...

Can't wait to hear about your new locale. :-)

Alexis said...

You crack me up!

Robin said...

Your fruit answer is smart and hilarious lady, just like you.

Are Pop Tarts a fruit?

Raina said...

Hells yes! Especially my fave - Frosted Strawberry.

Eden Rose said...

we don't get pop tarts in the UK any more :(. Bring me some when you visit the UK pretty please, cant wait to meet you!! Love love love that yellow skirt, great answers, i never thought for a second clooney was gay?! now, i'm thinking you're right. Hope the P is feeling better soon. xx

David said...

George? Really? You'd think someone would have told me by now.

For some reason the suspense of where you're going is KILLING me. I know. I'll sit on my hands and wait.

Get better Pea!

rightbank said...

Sorry if I'm late to the game but I didn't know you were moving. There's no good reason I should be excited about that but I am. I'm a serial mover and I love moving so much that I actually get giddy even when it's someone else doing it. It's a problem actually. Really can't wait to hear where!

sherri said...

sorry to hear the pea is sick, she still looks adorable even when she's under the weather. good luck to your hubby and hope all works out for the city you guys want!

nkp said...

As the blondie would say- you so funny...give Pea hugs from me...I'd make her some matzoh ball soup if you were closer...

Kate said...

mmmmmmm, ben and jerrys, its been two years for me too since I savoured any flavour of their delectable ice creams.
Hope the pea gets better soon, that the interview goes really well and that the yellow skirt looks terrible on you, so that you send it to me.
I find the Clooney attractive so with my past history it means he's very gay.

Debi said...

Lol - you are my favortie five-foot-nine-lippy jewess! thank you the great laugh...:)

Designers' Brew said...

just stopping by to say SMOOCHES!

erin@designcrisis said...

I'm doing a little rain dance for LB's interview right now....

Sorry, that's all I can focus on here!

Jill said...

Loving your fruit selection!

anna said...

hope the little one is better now and good luck to your husband! can't wait to hear where you'll be heading.

btw, love the blue dress on the bottom left, even though it would look like a muumuu on me -- linkie?

Raina said...

Hi ya Anna,

The blue dress, bottom right:

http://tinyurl.com/npkxsa

If you meant the one on the left:

http://tinyurl.com/lq33g5

Both are on sale - YAY!