Recent Posts

Monday, August 24, 2009

My newest purchase

Lest you think I've lost my mind, it's the duvet I bought. Please ignore the rest of that hot mess.

The ever lovely Alicia of Alicia B Designs blogged this morning about a Sferra sale at the online discounter Rue La La. I recognized the Metropolitan bedding immediately. I've been stalking the queen duvet and sham set on Macy's website for the past week.

Original retail price $362. Macy's sale price? $289.99. Rue La La's price? $129.00.

I clicked "Add to My Bag" faster than you can say "OMGWhatwaswiththecryingmethheadonProjectRunway?".

An up-close and personal look.

The duvet will be dressing this bed in our guest room. Early-bird reservations are already booked. You will have to get in line behind Debi, Erin & Karly, NKP, and Susie.

14 comments:

sherri said...

I'm after Susie. and what WAS with the crying meth head?

karly / design-crisis.com said...

OMG you weren't lying! This IS going to be 14 shades of awesome! I CAN'T WAIT to see it in person

fromtherightbank.com said...

Score! I adore Sferra so can you please add me to the list? Thank you!

David said...

129? Shopping goddess! Well done.

nkp said...

Damn girl, you sniffed out a deal! (or should I say steal!). It looks peeerfect!

only a movie said...

Very nice indeed.

susieq said...

I'm so glad I have a place in line! And what a great deal. Love the bed too. What color will the walls be?

Alicia B. Designs said...

I couldn't be happier if I had bought it myself. :)

pillow mint said...

if/when you need sheets with that gorgeousness -- new for fall from John Robshaw: Organic cotton solid 300tc "light indigo". :)

MartyD said...

Are you taking international bookings too??

Raina said...

Of course, Mr. Marty. We'll call it the "Honeymoon Suite" while you two are here. ;)

Raina said...

SusieQ - I'm not sure yet on the wall color. Part of me wants to do a deep navy-purple, but a lemony-chartreuse sounds good too.

lucitebox said...

I need an invite to Rue La La! Hint. That is such a great price for such greatness. I can't believe I missed this post. Love the color of the guest room as shown today!

Raina Cox said...

Here ya go, Schweets:

http://www.ruelala.com/invite/rcox08