Recent Posts

Thursday, August 6, 2009

We're writing an offer

Dumplings, we're writing an offer on a house today. I won't be revealing too much until it's all wrapped up, but here is a sneak peek of the entry.

Limestone floors. Smoked glass floor-to-ceiling mirrored wall. Staircases with etched glass panels. Sueded wallpaper throughout. There are two entry closets which open to reveal SILVER OSTRICH WALLPAPER. I told you it's insane.

Now, I realize this is not everyone's taste, but I love me some 1970s Italian-esque louche-ness. Or as Erin from Design Crisis put it - "Holy shit, break out the disco ball and lay out some coke -- uh, pixy stix -- rails... that is awesome!!!!"

20 comments:

karly / design-crisis.com said...

yay yay yay!! I'm not going to sleep until you get a response

fromtherightbank.com said...

Fingers crossed and waiting anxiously!

Creepy said...

Woot! Woot! Good luck!

Jesselyn said...

Okay so that is AMAZING! Good luck!

Pam Kersting said...

Congratulations! Go for it, girl! Good luck! * crossing fingers *

David said...

LOVE me some 70s, my fingers could not be more crossed.

Robin said...

Congrats, good luck I hope you get it for a great price.

Your pop-tart-studded disco ball is on its way.

Waxy said...

Awesome - I hope you get it!!!

only a movie said...

Woot. Fingers crossed!

Jill said...

I think it sounds incredibly sexy! Good luck!

Alexis said...

Silver Ostrich Wallpaper? You must get this house!

hello gorgeous said...

Yay! Fingers crossed!!

That wallpaper is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debi said...

Ya-Hoo! I hope you get it - 'cause I can't wait to see what you do with it.

All fingers and toes crossed!!

Kate said...

Good Luck! It sounds amazing and I love that ostrich wallpaper.
But, does this mean you'll be pulling your $2 out of the Moore house though?

pillow mint said...

lovin' it! can't wait to see more pictures. how's the kitchen?!

Raina said...

PM - It's generously sized but in desperate need of an update.

nkp said...

Um yeah, it's okay if you like that sort of thing. ;0)

I'm keeping my phone by my side all day, awaiting an enthusiastic email, just so you know...

GOOD LUCK!

Decorina said...

Man that wall paper! I'd be taking the doors off those closets and making them display niches. Love it, what a period piece.

drollgirl said...

HELL YESS! fingers crossed for ya!!!

susieq said...

You had me at 'limestone floors!' It's perfection. Wow. Can't wait to hear every single bit of news!