Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If I could marry a color palette

The Moment blog.

Don't worry, Dumplings, you're still tuned into La Lamp Shade, your source for everything boho contempo. But I just had to share a delicious color combo with you.

See it? Back there in the corner, acting all coy. Dirty sky blue just before it turns into turquoise and the deepest grape. OOF! I lurve it and pledge it my troth. I want to wrap all of my jiggly bits in it and roll around on the floor. We will run away to a remote Maldivian island where no one will judge us and live out our days in glorious cool-hued splendor.

Want more color lust? Enjoy SusieQ's "Meet Bowler Blue" post and Designers' Brew's ode to turquoise and chartreuse.

13 comments:

only a movie said...

"We will run away to a remote Maldivian island where no one will judge us and live out our days in glorious cool-hued splendor."

You are a funny funny girl. xxoo

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Getting my BF's back and making me laugh out loud all in one day? Who knew one gal could be so awesome?!

House of Slappy said...

Purple and blue and jiggly bits. Oh, my!

Creepy said...

this made my jiggly bits happy.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I really do like it over here.

sherri said...

Weird. just posted about color as well! I love the term "jiggly bits"

susieq said...

Which do I like better? Fuckall? Or, jiggly bits? Hmmm...

That colorway is fantastic! Look to the left -- I suggest throwing in the dirty peachy-pink of the wall trim. Murky sky blue, turquoise, grape, and dirty peachy-pink. Lotta jiggly bits a rollin'!

ticklishfromadistance said...

Book me a seat.

erin@designcrisis said...

Can this be a polygamous marriage?

Sol Kawage said...

YES PLEASE indeed :) this reminds me of my studio and the fact that I have to re-do it.

Alexis said...

Great colors! You have an amazing eye!

pillow mint said...

it's the grape in the back. sucks you right in, and keeps you there.

hello gorgeous said...

I refuse to acknowledge my jiggly bits.