Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The October issue of Metropolitan Home

The October issue of Metropolitan Home is up online. Looks like this issue is crammed with love 'em or hate 'em photos. Does anyone else feel this way about Met Home? I still contend that they have to make do with the features Margaret Russell kicks to the curb at sister magazine Elle Decor. It would explain the lack of editorial voice.





This issue's selection of dining rooms is, um, varied to say the least.





P.S. There is a short article about the recent addition of postwar housing subdivisions to the National Register of Historic Places featuring Denver's own Arapahoe Acres.

13 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

I'm sorry to say this, but vomitus? i do like the last dining room. that's it. ughh.

collyn said...

I'm stunned by the different flooring under the furnishings...you could NEVER rearrange and at my place, that's a regular event. Crazy to me.

nkp said...

I subscribed to Met Home for years and watched it progressively get more and more blech. I canceled my subscription at the beginning of the year and these photos are indicative of the reason.

Now that said, the windows in that last dining room sure do tickle my fancy.

erin@designcrisis said...

Oh my. The overhead view of the sectional is interesting, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photograph in #3. The rest is either overdone, without personality, or both. Too bad.

pillow mint said...

i don't think i could enjoy a meal sitting at a table with those god-awful animal hides underfoot.
(and needless to say - i'm glad i didn't choose any of those for my post today!! ;)

Alison said...

Ugh, I can't handle that first photo.

drollgirl said...

wellllllllllllllllllllll, the good news is that none of these rooms make me feel any type of envy or lust. so that is a plus.

susieq said...

Ewww... These rooms really are awful. And you're so right, no focused editorial voice. For so long Met Home had an architectural bent. They focus less and less on architecture and what they feature seems to be directionless.

fromtherightbank.com said...

I haven't gotten excited over Met Home since I don't know when. I don't even pick it up to flip through at newsstands in airports where I'll look through just about everything!

sherri said...

that negative image of a forest totally rocks my world in numbah four. the rest? meh, not so much.

Raina said...

Hello Collyn and welcome to this deliciousness!

Waxy said...

Ha - I'm with Drollgirl - a interior magazine that doesn't leave me with envy...hooray!

ChrisToronto said...

meow!