Recent Posts

Monday, October 12, 2009

Can you believe a Dixie Chick lives here?

Emily Robinson to be exact. I would have expected an upscale country look with fourteen different plaids and lots of dead beasties on the wall. But Robinson's San Antonio loft in a former candy factory is a sophisticated mix of contemporary and mid-century elements.

It turns out that Robinson is a shelter magazine junkie and unwinds during her grueling tour schedule by visiting design centers and furniture showrooms. I think she and I could be BFFs.




[Metropolitan Home]

12 comments:

drollgirl said...

wow. her place is pretty damn cool! but her music? BLEH.

David said...

What I wouldn't do for those windows.

Debi said...

Wow - that is gorgeous - Can I be her bff too?

amy @ switz~art said...

love it! this must be her place post-divorce.

Laura@EdenRose said...

Good Lawd!!! That lady has some style, who would have thought it?

sherri said...

soooo much better than her music. she's got great taste, or her designer does.

hello gorgeous said...

Yes, I can. Their hair was always a telltale sign...

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

I'd hang here.
Do you think the showers are joined or at least give a peek through to the fellow shower-er?!!

Robin said...

It is my dream to live in a factory-loft-y place like that.

I think I saw her on an episode of Trading Spaces once, but I seem to remember a lot of big wallpaper in a very small space, even on the ceiling. Glad to see she didn't do that here.

Sol Kawage said...

dixie chicks? are those the ones that got boycotted because they said something about Bush being an ass?
anyway: twin showers = WIN.

erin@designcrisis said...

Hey, not all Texans think scads of brand new "rustic" pine furnishings equal good design.

nkp said...

Really lovely and I so badly want one of those leather sling chairs. Too bad my voice sucks or I might be rollin' in the bucks!