Recent Posts

Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!

Neil Diamond says,"Hey hey, it's Hanukkah!" Ok, so he's really holding a menorah and not a hanukkiah (it needs two more branches). We'll give the photoshopping goyim a break.

My first night gift? Debi's coming for the weekend from New Hampshire! She and I moved to New Zealand within days of each other. Here she is with The Pea at the French festival in Akaroa in 2007. I haven't seen her since the day before she and her family returned Stateside 18 months ago. She's getting such a big bear hug when I see her, I've arranged a stand-by paramedic team at the airport.

Speaking of Le Pois, for her First Night she's getting this (shhh, it's a secret!):
The child ADORES helping me in the kitchen and will lose her shee-ot when she sees her gift.

For all of my Heeb peeps whom I hold dear, may your Eight Nights be filled with love, laughter, fab gifts, and only the most delicate and healthy of fried foods!

13 comments:

sherri said...

Happy Hanukkah! Enjoy your friend and can't wait to hear how the pea reacts to her new kitchen!

Anita Davis said...

Happy Hanukkah!! Love and Light to you!
xo

only a movie said...

Happy happy Hanukkah. Wish I could be a fly on the wall to see Pea getting her kitchen. :-)

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Does this mean the pea will be occupied so we'll get more lampshade deliciousness???? Fingers crossed!!!!!

amy @ switz~art said...

Happy Hanukkah, Raina!
Pea is gonna be stoked for that sucker! I know I would be!

David said...

Happy Hanukkah! I'm digging the kitchen myself with its stainless appliances and ice and water through the door! The Pea will absolutely lose it. Take pictures!

nkp said...

Well lookey there, a Zionist buck! Never seen one of those before.

The happiest of Hanukkahs to you, LB, and The Pea. May the lights always shine warm and bright in your home! My niece has one of those kitchens. It's awesome! She is going to go bananas!

Xoxo-n.

Robin said...

Happy Hanukkah darling Raina, can't wait to see what The Pea cooks up in her new kitchen. Top Chef look out!

fromtherightbank.com said...

Happy Hanukkah, Raina! And just in case you hadn't seen this, this is my gift to you: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/surveys/holiday-stress-checkin-103814
xoxo, Ally

Kate said...

Happy Hanukkah to you all, I bet The Pea will be making some deep fried tasties on that kitchen!

drollgirl said...

well gotta love the star of david horns going on in this pic!

and sorry i mis-spelled Hanukkah! i am a gentile. actually worse: AGNOSTIC! AHAHA HHAHAH! the worst of the worst! :)

erin@designcrisis said...

Damn, Neil Diamond is awesome.

Happy Hanukkah to you and lucky Pea!

Raina Cox said...

FromTheRightBank - You're hateful, but I still love you.