Recent Posts

Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Hue" views

Pages from Kelly Wearstler's new book,"Hue."
Above, her office at KWID.

The cover with Wearstler in Decorator Barbie pose.

The living room in Wearstler's Beverly Hills home.
Personally, I think this is what Heaven's waiting room looks like.

A guest room in the same home.
I once read that yellow causes angry behavior.

Wearstler's not-so-neutral master bedroom.
That light fixture rocks my world. HARD.

The bedroom of one of Wearstler's young sons.
Yes, you read that correctly.
Oh, and TOGO!

The Coral Bar at the Tides South Beach Hotel in Florida.
That rug is the stuff of dreams.

The lobby design for the Viceroy hotel in Miami, Florida.
Perfection.

17 comments:

david john said...

crazy fucking chic!

that son's room is the bomb!

David said...

Girl is good.

Karena said...

Color color, and more color. I do love that master bedroom! Really luxurious!

hello gorgeous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hello gorgeous said...

Oh, no, you did not just do a post on my girl after all your Worstler-bashing...

Finally came over to the dark side, I see.

hello gorgeous said...

Oops - time for me to update my profile pic, I see.

House of Slappy said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Wearst is the Best!

Jill said...

She does the greatest stuff with natural materials...I will never get over her onyx bathroom.

They would have to carry me out of The Coral Bar...I loves it!

susieq said...

Her master bedroom is nothing short of divine. If her living room is heaven's waiting room, her master bedroom is heaven itself. Perfection.

nkp said...

Love her, hate her, whatever. Barbie has some mad, rad decorating skillz.

Riviera Boardwalk said...

Love the vivid colors and the post!
Thank you. nancy

Raina Cox said...

HG - You may have missed my Wearstler mea culpa post:

http://tinyurl.com/y9z6n89

Riviera Boardwalk - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

sherri said...

that light fixture is truly awesome.

hello gorgeous said...

Yep, did miss it!! I admire a woman who can admit the error of her ways...

Although I must say that the Met Home spread looked to me like "Modern Flintstones."

Bromeliad said...

Lately it seems like she's decorating for Klingons or something.

erin@designcrisis said...

She really does have superb taste when it comes to color. Fearless, but not garish. Everything blends so well.

Gah.

Designers' Brew said...

I remember the good old days when you used to hate her... oh, how the times they are a changin'...