Recent Posts

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lonny's second issue is up

Lonny, the online shelter magazine founded by a bunch of dudes from Domino (RIP), has its second issue up online. The plus - it's easier to read without having to zoom in. The minus - the editorial is still (mostly) Weirdy McStrangeypants...

An incredibly boring hotel in Paris.
Bonus points for a mixer tap though.

Several "articles" highlighting semi high-end stores in New York City. Like Kate Spade...

The J. Crew Women's Collection...

...and Haus Interior. Uh, fab light switch.

Dumplings, I'm getting very nervous about painting my master bedroom a dark color. I'm thinking ink-y walls are on their 14th minute. And I now officially loathe antlers (sorry, HG).

A truly HORRENDOUS spread on eco-fashion, complete with the model artfully smeared with dirt. Oh - SNAP - I get it! Clever stylist.

Not a thing wrong with this feature on textile designer Lisa Fine's Paris apartment. Rock on with your boho self, girl.

Anyone else sick to death of Junior League decorating?

This is sublime. An apartment designed by cutie pie Brad Ford.

So, Dumplings, have you had a chance to peruse issue numero dos and what do you think?

16 comments:

nkp said...

I've been crazypants busy all week long so I haven't had a chance to take a peek yet. Now thanks to your wise-crackingly brilliant review, I don't have to.

"Junior League decorating" hahaha, love it!

Suzy Parker LaCroix said...

Go for the dark bedroom walls! Ours have been navy blue for three years and I still love the hue.

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

well since you asked....
*never got the antler thing anyway.
*I had a moment with the light switch - but that probably says more about where my head currently is!
*ditto on the eco fashion - eh.
*Brad Fords' apartment was the stand out for me.
*Numero dos lonny got me looking more than uno. & also the photography is pretty scmick.

they are my thoughts, its a dot point day - Im hung over!

ita darling. said...

I remember traveling with B's 87 year old Jewish grandma Naomi (I've written about her a few times) and her looking over one of the "green" issues of Domino and she took it out of my hands and threw it away and said "this is crap". Kind of like eco fashion. If it is, it is- why force the point ya know?

Dark walls? check out naomi's life advice on youtube. http://tinyurl.com/y9v8kys

Take away message. Do what makes you happy.

Oh yeah. totally off track- Lonny. It's tired. I keep finding so many flaws in their attributions and copy. (pg. 46- i know the shawl is by Virginia Johnson, but it just says "Barneys"??!!) Most blogs are better than this for gifts and interiors but they just scroll like the rest of us with out the aid of difficult to read digital pages.

hello gorgeous said...

Um, that photo almost made me loathe antlers.

(not really)

I'm actually thinking of sprouting them myself.

Happy Hanukkah to you and yours.

susieq said...

I really liked the 2nd issue! Yes, tired of that Junior League-y interior. But, this Lonny is much better than it's older sister.

Sol Kawage said...

My bedroom is dark grey and I love it, and tbh I painted it so before I knew there was a trend. I think Raina you shouldn't worry if it's a trend or not, but if you like it or not. Am I too naive?

abchao said...

Super tired of the "Junior Leaguer with a Paintbrush" look. And you know how much I love to paint shit.

Never, ever tired of inky walls or antlers. I live in a state whose tagline is "Sportsman's Paradise." It's inborn. (Not to be confused with inbred, which I also am.)

Teri said...

Does it matter if dark ink-y walls are on their last leg if you want them and love them?

Isn't the point of decorating your home to make it what you love? Whether it is the in thing or not?

Jesselyn said...

Why does the green dresser have boobie tassles?

erin@designcrisis said...

Haven't had a chance to look yet, but I agree with your analysis of all the images you have posted. Lisa Fine's apt reminds me of the Pea's room -- perhaps you could go that direction in your master bedroom if you're waffling on the dark walls?

Personally, I love dark walls and I think they'll stick around for a while, and even if they don't, oh well. It's just paint.

Waxy said...

I vote meh! or better yet the word verification seems to sum it up nicely...foomet!

david john said...

loving brad ford's apartment!

long on style said...

What is Junior League decorating? I am so not hip to this one.

Raina Cox said...

Long on Style - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

Junior League decorating - polite, match-y, painted, paired, heavily influenced by David Hicks.

long on style said...

Oh well yes then! Hell yes I am tired of it. Its looking a bit trite.