Recent Posts

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sneak peek of The Pea's bedroom

I'm sorry to say a sneak peek is all you're getting for a while. We ran short - way short - of wallpaper. That would be the Osborne & Little paper I special-ordered from England. The very same paper the company I ordered it from no longer exports to the U.S. I have a "pretty pretty please" email into the company and hopefully they will bend whatever new shipping rule they have.

All is not lost, Dumplings. LB has a friend in Wales who could order the paper for us and send it. Or I can order it from the U.S. distributor. The problem with the second option is the dye lot won't match, but hopefully with a company as high end as O&L that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

The lesson learned from this story - never trust a distributor's online wallpaper calculator.

A reminder of the "before."

Update: The most marvelous Griffo at Obsessilicious has ordered the wallpaper for me. My paper's dye lot was still available, and it should be on its way to me this weekend. A million thanks, my darling Griffo!

18 comments:

normajean said...

K, I've been silently following your blog for several months, and I gotta say- that corner of the bedroom is a spectacular corner.
I wish I was a five year-old so I could have a slumber party with the Pea and enjoy that fabulous room.
Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

This is going to be seriously awesome, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

griffo68 said...

Seroiusly Raina if you need help getting the paper then let me know!
It's looking fantabulous so far!

Robin said...

Gorgeous corner, can't wait to see the rest of it.

And maybe it is not a bad thing you ran out of paper - we don't want you working yourself to death!

sherri said...

looks amazing. great job!

Raina Cox said...

NormaJean and Keri - Hello to you both and welcome to this deliciousness!

Griffo - If Wallpaper Direct doesn't come through, I will most definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks, Sweetie Pie!

karly / design-crisis.com said...

ugh! what a soul crusher, especially when you're off to such an AMAZING Start! Fingers crossed extra hard for you

Laura said...

Looks amazing!! Love the colour combo, pea is so lucky x

professor plum said...

Also happy to get the wallpaper for you x

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

Looking good! And I concur - never trust an online ordering system- I dont even trust the people quoter's & order an extra roll just incase! This means I have a wee stockpile of very expensive wrapping paper!!

Alicia B. Designs said...

Raina, It looks amazing! It really lightens up the room--what color is the ceiling? Also, I work just a few floors from O & L, let me know if you want me to go down there!

xoxo

amy @ switz~art said...

i am in love with it!!! Le Pea is one lucky lil' girl!

erin@designcrisis said...

Watch out Pea... I might sneak into your room at night and stake a claim.

I LOVE THE PAPER SO MUCH!!!

ps: Have you tried Fabrics and Papers online?

Raina Cox said...

Erin - I did check them out initially, and, for that paper, their price was much higher.

Designers' Brew said...

It is looking spectacular, my darling!

Anita Davis said...

love, love, love!!
xo

Raina Cox said...

Alicia - The ceiling color is Benjamin Moore's "Vine Green" (#2034-20). It may look a bit odd at this point, but it will all make sense in the reveal.

PutzFrau said...

I LOVE it!